Sunday, July 27, 2008

Indrani and Geoff

The Bride and Groom wanted a very hot, bright, colour palette. They described what they wanted to me in this way:
We want something really really bright and impressive looking. We'd rather it look impressive than taste great. We want it intense bright, deep pink, almost fuschia, with a yellow border, and the flowers on it to be hot pink, yellow, purple, and red like the other colours in the bouquets.


I was actually imagining something tropical and exotic, maybe even like the intense shades of saris - but simple in shape to highlight the colours and flowers. Because the flowers were such a key component to the cake I decided to work with Geoff and Indrani's florist, Aleya from Aleya's Floral Design. Despite not seeing each other's work prior to the reception, I think we colour matched perfectly. And upon delivery to the reception venue, it because obvious that we'd gotten the colours right -
the cake worked seamlessly with Indrani's colour scheme, matching the napkins, tablecloths, and bridesmaid dresses. I didn't get to see her face when she saw it, but I'm confident that Aleya and I achieved Indrani's vision!

The cake was vanilla with a dulce de leche filling and vanilla buttercream. It's quite yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home